Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my sled inside last night and I woke up with the garage smelling bad of gas. It normal woudnt bother me but I put the dog in it while im at work. I dont want him to get high from the smell. I notice the inside of my sled I have oil and whatever built up on the bottom. I want to degrease it. what is the best way to do it. Just tip it on its side and power wash it with some degreaser?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Get some engine cleaner or Simply Green. Anything with a high PH will do. Spray it on and let it sit a while. Use a brush to get the stubborn stuff off. Rinse off with just a regular hose.

Your sled should have drain holes in the belly of the sled so it will drain. Make sure your drain holes are not clogged, otherwise you'll create a puddle in the belly of the sled.

·
Super Moderator
18,335 Posts
+1 on Simple Green. It does a good job of degreasing and is more friendly to the environment. I used a can of Engine Brite on a sled once at my house and the sheen from the oil traveled down the gutter for half a block. It looked like I was trying to poison the neighborhood! Oops!!

You can also take it to a car wash and pressure wash it with hot water. Just avoid any of the electronics. It's best if you protect them with plastic bags to keep out the water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts