Snowmobile Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to report that we received roughly 7-8 inches of snow in the Duluth area extending north to Ely over the past 5 days.

Trails around Duluth are now in good condition and are being groomed on a regular basis once again. The North Shore trail running from Duluth to Two Harbors and Grand Marais is in very good condition. I was out this morning and all trails looked good.

There is still not enough snow cover for good off-trail riding, but trail riding is good once again.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
nice... :cool:

We got a bunch of snow here too, haven't been riding though, exams start this week :(
5" of ice on Lake Simcoe, at the thinest part
:)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Exams start this week here too:( but theres no snow well not enough on the trails to ride. All lakes are frozen though:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Cobra, do you know how trails are west of you, around the Floodwood?Cloque area.?.
My buddy called a couple bars in the area and they say groomers are out sleds are far & few between. Maps show only about 5 inches on the ground, but progressivly higher totals as you go further north.
No biggy as we can trailer from the "shack" just curious if we'll be able to ride nort' or best off trailering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chase,

Me and a buddy of mine went last weekend to Barnum and rode the trail up to superior WI. The trail in Barnum has a 3" base and as we got further north it got alot better. I think we saw 8 sleds all day. 6 at the bar. As far as the trails we would go again. With the snow today itll help out some. Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
lemme guess... Chase and SilverStreak are buddies kooooooool:cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yup. fianlly got him to get on the site!
We called the cabin down the road, his kids said about 12 inches and its snowing again today. As long as the trails are clean, I'm a happy camper!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a great weekend!! The trails were great!We only saw three sleds on the trail all weekend. Ohh and one sheriff:mad:About a foot on the ground and out of the storm today they were suppose tp get 12 to 18 inches more!! Looks like I have to head up North again!!Hey Chase, pics please!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.