Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I want to say that I love this forum, but the fact that I can only include two pictures per post SUCKS. With that said...

The trails between Kingsley, Mi and Traverse City, MI are AWESOME. Here are some pics of our ride today...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics that should have been allowed in the FIRST post.

So how was your day?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
West Michigan looks pretty good right now. We have a ride tomorrow with 16 sleds. I will take lots of pics and post a few good ones. Im 2 hours south of Traverse City.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
G-ForceJunkie said:
Not as good as yours.

Looks like fun! :cool:

haha that pretty much sums it up g-force:p

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey, thanks for the info., i am located in Grand Rapids, and i am going up to traverse city or around there with my buddy. sounds like the trails are great.thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just be warned, on the weekends the trails get crowded. Best to take a day or two off work and come up on a weekday. The trails are smoother on the weekdays too (less traffic). Been snowing pretty heavy these last few days, lots and lots of fresh snow. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any suggestions on lodging in the Traverse City area? I am thinking about going up there in February. I would like to find a hotel that is close if not right on the trails.

Thanks,
Kelly

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've always used the Traverse City or Kalkaska EconoLodge. Both are near Gas stations, part stores and the trails.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You don't get any closer to the trails than Ranch Rudolf . Be warned, it's a very popular spot and may already be booked solid for the season. They are right on the trail (literally), and from the Ranch you can go to Kalkaska, Traverse City, Kingsley, or Fife Lake with ease.

This is a weekday shot of the Ranch:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yeah, I've stopped in that place but never stayed there. Couldn't get reservations. But its right there on the trails. Both Econo's are a few minute snowmobile ride to the trail heads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts