Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, wondering what people thought about using 2 stroke oil that’s not arctic cat brand and if you prefer it. If you do prefer it, what are your favorite brands? I have a 1994 arctic cat ext EFI 580.

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
For that motor I use the Fowler Extreem
But seriously ANY 2 stroke oil will work, you have no power valves to gum up.
You could even run a syn if you want.

·
Super Moderator
17,198 Posts
Like KC said, any 2-stroke oil that is rated tc-w3 will work in that sled. On my 95, I use the cheapest stuff I can find. Cheap oil today is much better than the oils that were used in the past. About the only thing that the more expensive oils will give you is the exhaust may smell a bit better.

On my other sleds with exhaust valves, I use Amsoil. Polaris Gold is also good, but spendy.

·
Super Moderator
107 Posts
I too recommend the Fowler Extreme. I've had very good luck with over the years and have been using it exclusively since around 2000 when Snow Tech released an article about it for use in Polaris when it didn't gum up the valves. And it's been my experience too. I've NEVER once cleaned a valve on a sled since i started using it. I've used it in: 97 Mxz 670 (8500mi total but some was with Skidoo oil) 2004 ZR900 EFI (14,500mi) 2009 F8 EFI (4000mi or so) 2014 Zr8000lxr (3500mi so far).

Steve

Article still exists but no pictures anymore i see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts