Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fired up my conversion, 96 Dyno port Rotax 670 twin 44s twin pipes into 95 XCR sled
Here's the problem after running around the yard the motor had no throttle, sounded like it was choking out, then it died. primed it and it started right up, no throttle response again. I have fuel at the pump, removed my air filters and primed it and it started up, still no throttle, any help would be great before I start taking the carbs apart

·
Registered
44 Posts
i would pull the carbs and check for pluged pilot circuit. did you try using the primer to see if it would rev up when you open the throttle?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like it is running outta gas. Did you check the needle/seats? Possibly stuck shut. How about the pulse line(s) going to the fuel pump(s)? Those are big carbs. On my 94 Formula STX with 32(?)mm carbs, I have dual pumps. If you're using the factory XLT pump, maybe you're just not getting enough gas out of it or it is in need of a kit. Just some suggestions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the carbs apart and cleaned everything, it did rev when I gave it the throttle then died.I'm using the fuel pump from the motor, going to give it a try this weekend, I'll let you know what happens, thanx for the info

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
This reminds me, I went and looked at a sled the guy couldnt get running, only run with sprayed gas. Fuel was off! I still bought it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts