Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does my cf700 have no spark after i shut it off . checked plugs already any ideas?

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Make sure all of the safety features are connected as should be. Not sure exactly which ones your model has but things like the tether switch, any kind of sensors on the carbs, etc. The killswitch can go bad too, as well as the ignition, however with an 06 it's more likely that you have a loose connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why does my cf700 have no spark after i shut it off . checked plugs already any ideas?
When i pull my plugs they are bone dry after pulling it over about 10 times , shouldn't they be a little wet with fuel. I pulled the connection off the computer to check for moisture as requested by dealer. unplugged kill switch and ignition and still nothing. dealer told me to trouble shoot it. not real helpful.

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Are you sure? The plugs would be wet after pulling it over with no spark. How are you checking the spark?

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Checking spark by pulling plugs out and pulling cord
Are you sure you grounded it correctly? You have to make sure the end of the plug is touching a good conductor on the engine. I use the bolts that hold the head down. You also have to make sure you have the caps down really tight. And do it at night so you can really be sure there's no spark. I know this stuff sounds too simple to be the problem, but since your plugs are dry it wouldn't make sense that you have no spark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tried unplugging wires and cleaning the connections , tried cleaning the springs on the throttle bodies as per dealer suggestion to make sure the safety switch is working. Is there any way to test the kill switch or coil . can't return those parts if that isn't it. dealer said he's never seen a coil go on those. Could it be my computer? My lights still flicker on when i pull the rope

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
An easy way to test the coil is to stick your thumb in the cap and pull it over! I've gotten a few newbies with that before :cheeky4:

The killswitch does go bad, but I don't know if it's possible to bypass for that new of a sled. Luckily they are cheap and easy to replace. And the dealer is right, coils almost never fail. The lights don't rely on anything spark related, that's just an indication that your stator is still generating electricity. Could be the CDI.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts