Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 71 Moto-Ski Capri with a 340 JLO Rockwell motor it turns over good but has no spark I tried cleaning the points and replacing the points any ideas??

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
does it have a kill switch or teather? if so look at them. even unhook them.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
not that bad. flywheel is going to be the biggest pain. may need a puller.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there anything I have to mark or anything I would imagine the flywheel has a keyway anything else I should look out for

·
Registered
470 Posts
Check the link to the JLO manual I posted earlier. The disassembly and assembly procedures for the various parts of the LR340 engine start on page 29.

Also if it's a 340 Capri it has to be a 1972. The largest 71 Capri was a 399 JLO. Year of Mfg. may say 1971 on the tunnel, but it's a 1972 model.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Could be the condensors....they both went on my 80 MotoSki
Your 1980 Moto Ski was basicly a Ski Doo as Bombardier bought Moto Ski in 1973 and by 1976 all Moto Ski's were using Rotax engines and ever increasingly more and more Ski Doo made parts.

·
Registered
185 Posts
yeah i disassembled the kill switch and unplugged the keyed ignition no change what else could it be
Before you swap anything out, try unplugging the wiring harness at the engine and see if you have spark. If you don't then the problem is in the engine. If you do, then it's in the wiring somewhere.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Before you swap anything out, try unplugging the wiring harness at the engine and see if you have spark. If you don't then the problem is in the engine. If you do, then it's in the wiring somewhere.
he already tried that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah Ive had the whole harness unplugged and the kill swithch disassembled so it couldnt work Ill have to see what I can do with this stator

1 - 15 of 15 Posts