Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 xlt special. It was running fine till i hit the kill switch to park it went out later that evening to ride and it wouldnt start if change plugs thinking that might be the broblem and have allso bypassed the kill swich and still have to spark. would appreciat any help you guys could give me, is the a way of testing the cdi box.

Thanks looking forward to some info

·
Registered
8 Posts
DISCONNECT THE KILL SWITCH AND IGNITION SWITCH,TAKE OFF YOUR HANDLE BAR PAD AND THE SWITCH WILL UNPLUG, THE SLED SHOULD STILL RUN.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thanks for the help we took it in and found out it was the stater spendy fix. Catch ya later:)

·
I Want a Rev
774 Posts
What did it end up costing you? I had this exact same thing happen to me this weekend. I was out riding for a few hours, came home and drove it up on the trailer. Arrived at our weekend spot and went to pull it off the trailer, but no spark. We took it in, and the tech said the stator was bad....dammit. I am getting another opinion from a local dealer, but I'm fearing the worst as I know those things aren't cheap. I was quoted the cost of the part somewhere between 250-300 and labor was 79/hr. He didn't say how long it would take him to change it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts