Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 87 phazer and i had spark, but then i took most of the controls to take off the gas tank, and clean it out, change the fuel lines and pump, and did some other work to it, after putting it back together, i couldnt get it started and noticed that wasnt getting any spark. Could it possible be a ground wire that isnt connect right and therfore not completing the system? what are some steps i should take to get spark again? please help?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Unplug the wiring harness plugs at the engine and pull it over. It should have spark now. If it does, plug each one back in auntil you lose spark again. That's the faulty harness to troubleshoot. If you still have no spark when you disconnect the harness, then you need to check either the coil or CDI, etc.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
There should be wiring going to the engine (check the side of it) with plugs that you can disconnect. When you unplug the wiring, that eliminates all kill switches, etc and the engine should run. If you follow the key switch wiring, it will eventually go to the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts