Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '89 Yamaha Ovation that I overheated after I didn't realize there was a mouse nest blocking airflow. After I cleaned it out, it wouldn't start and now I'm not getting spark anymore. Can someone help me? I've never dealt with an electrical issue and I'm completely stumped. Thanks in advance. Also, I did check the plugs on another sled, and it did run after I re-attached the thing that I think is the stator.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
ok the coil is mounted right there when you took shroud off.
Could your mouse have messed up the wires to it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, the coil is mounted right there when you took the shroud off.
Could your mouse have messed up the wires to it
I don't think it chewed any wires as it's probably an ancient mouse nest (it's been sitting a long time) but I think I stripped out the plastic coil mount. Is there something that connects to the screws? They are pretty rusty. I also can't tell if I jolted something loose as the wires go into the pipe going perpendicular to the frame. I'll try and get pictures.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just thought of something else. I had the back end on a jack and started it up for a minute, then it stalled. While trying (and failing) to restart it, I knocked it off the jack. Could that have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I found that the stator will often fail after overheating, but it ran fine after it did and for one minute after I removed the mouse nest. Does anyone else think that's it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be nice if it was as I have a very limited budget... I'll use a multimeter on the ends between the stator and the plugs tomorrow morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts