Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2010 Ski Doo Renegade. Just finished up a 500 mile trip, and the last 70 miles were rough. Sled was running great and all of a sudden I started noticing a loss of power coming out of the corners. Approached a decent incline(on the trail) at a slow speed and I could barely make it up the hill. Stopped at a stop sign and when trying to take off it made what sounded like a grinding noise and the sled could barely get take off. Once it got going it was slow and low RPM's up until about 40 MPH, and then anything faster than 40 or so it would have full power like nothing was wrong. Got back to the lodge and noticed that when I gave it gas and then let off the throttle the clutch would make a fairly loud ding as it slammed back.

Yesterday I unloaded it from the trailer, took it for a spin through the yard and it seemed like nothing happened. All was normal and she rode perfect. Any ideas? Prior to this happening I was playing in some loose powder, but nothing crazy. I don't want to bring her on another trip without knowing what was causing this (my buddies don't tow too nicely, "just because I'm towing you doesn't mean I'm done having fun and riding how I want").

·
Super Moderator
60 Posts
Check your chaincase oil for metal particles. Suck some out with a suction pump and put it into a clear container and shine a light on it. If it's got them you are chewing up the gears etc..

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts