Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi have a 95 formula z that i'm working on, go it with no key and kill switch broken off, tether switch is there tho. was wondering if there was a way to disconnect the kill switch and ignition/ key hole part just to see if that will get it running before i spend money on other things. also, i plan on replacing the entire kill switch assembly and get a new key and ignition for it soon, but would like to ride it for a while if i can.
so, question 1.) can i just disconnect those wires to get it to run? or some variation of that?
and 2.) will more than one model of sled work for the kill switch/ ignition wiring? just trying to see my options here for replacing.

thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi have a 95 formula z that i'm working on, go it with no key and kill switch broken off, tether switch is there tho. was wondering if there was a way to disconnect the kill switch and ignition/ key hole part just to see if that will get it running before i spend money on other things. also, i plan on replacing the entire kill switch assembly and get a new key and ignition for it soon, but would like to ride it for a while if i can.
so, question 1.) can i just disconnect those wires to get it to run? or some variation of that?
and 2.) will more than one model of sled work for the kill switch/ ignition wiring? just trying to see my options here for replacing.

thanks!
Im almost sure you cant diconnect the wires for the kill switch and key and it should fire up.. Well give you spark anyways.. Not sure if the sled is in running order.. But unplugging both worked on my Mach 1.

JT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pretty sure i can or cannot? typo? i think you meant can based on the rest of what you said...
thanks for answering!

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
If you disconnect ignition wires, you should have spark. He was just saying that just because you have spark doesn't mean the sled will run. It WILL enable you to run it if it is capable of running. Hope I clarified for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome, thanks guys. getting and replacing the coil tomorrow, but i'll try this just in case tonight for the heck of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i unplugged the ignition and kill switch, pulled the cord a few times with the gas line shut off, primed it twice turned gas line on, pulled it once and boom, fired right up! wonders never cease. i know it hasn't run since last winter at the earliest, so it needs to run for a bit to clean it out but hard to do in the back of my truck at 11pm with sleeping neighbors. thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts