Snowmobile Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Ok just got back from a quick toot on the sled and it's doing the same thing...
This time I watched the tach and I'm good up to 6k rpm then it falls on it's face still. I checked the primary and that looks good and the driven is cool to.
I think I'm done for now, I'm guna pull the carbs ,head,jugs do pistons pins rings bearings , go through the carbs again and pray .we'll see if it does the same thing in a few weeks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay I have been reading like crazy and I feel like people on here are not listening.

I have an 89 exciter 570. To rule out the clutches, I took the belt off and quickly tried to rev it passed 5000. It wouldn't. With the belt on, the machine won't power passed 3500...5000 rpm. Carbs cleaned, new fuel lines, secondary rebuilt..primary new.

My TORS light blinks three times when it is started. The tors sensors were disconnected by the previous owner. Everyone keeps saying just bypass the tors, do this, do that. How about a clear explanation instead of just saying it. Please pretend that I am stupid. I'm sorry i have been reading posts for 4 fucking hours and not one of you had explained clearly what to do. Instead you criticize the posters for running without a belt. I did it, it's my fucking sled.

Having vented please if there is someone that knows anything about the wiring diagrams, I know where my cdi box is, I cannot for the life of me find a connection that would lead to the carbs.

Please help.

Thank you

·
Registered
47 Posts
Okay I have been reading like crazy and I feel like people on here are not listening.

I have an 89 exciter 570. To rule out the clutches, I took the belt off and quickly tried to rev it passed 5000. It wouldn't. With the belt on, the machine won't power passed 3500...5000 rpm. Carbs cleaned, new fuel lines, secondary rebuilt..primary new.

My TORS light blinks three times when it is started. The tors sensors were disconnected by the previous owner. Everyone keeps saying just bypass the tors, do this, do that. How about a clear explanation instead of just saying it. Please pretend that I am stupid. I'm sorry i have been reading posts for 4 fucking hours and not one of you had explained clearly what to do. Instead you criticize the posters for running without a belt. I did it, it's my fucking sled.

Having vented please if there is someone that knows anything about the wiring diagrams, I know where my cdi box is, I cannot for the life of me find a connection that would lead to the carbs.

Please help.

Thank you
I can’t help you, but this thread is from 7 years ago. You are more likely to get the help you need if you start a new thread in the appropriate section.

Edit: I see you just did.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts