Snowmobile Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
ok so i pulled the primary found a big crack across the face of the clutch .i pulled it apart and found the 3 arms had big grooves across them and the pins that hold them in are worn and the bushings were gone and the bearings that they ride on were seized :-( .
NOW i need some parts

·
Registered
54 Posts
ok so i pulled the primary found a big crack across the face of the clutch .i pulled it apart and found the 3 arms had big grooves across them and the pins that hold them in are worn and the bushings were gone and the bearings that they ride on were seized :-( .
NOW i need some parts
If you have a crack in the clutch don't bother buying parts just get a new one and get new weights and spring

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Snowmobile.com App

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
I owned an exciter once, once.I didnt like anything about it and the primary clutches on these things are straight garbage.Ended up selling it for barely anything just to get rid of it, and went back to skidoo.

I was reading on TY that the Polaris P85 primary clutch is a good upgrade for these, but again ive never seen a 'good' polaris either.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
OK. i ordered the parts last Monday .. tried to call this Monday.. got through today (Tuesday) spoke with a young man and said that i would like to check on my order. he said "ok let me get you to the right department" .........20 min later the same young man got back on the phone and said "can i help you"GRrrr starting to get upset i asked him about my order ... now this is where i started to lose it ... HE said O , Ya there here in front of me! WHAT!!! you haven't shipped them yet? no there going out today.....i didnt know what to say so i said to ship them today and use UPS then hung up the phone. ..i cant believe them!

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
just got an email confirming that they were sent yesterday via usps aka snail mail :-( i wont see them for another week or more :-( :-(

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
sofar

k.. i powder coated the clutch cover and got the new sheave half with weights and pins and made a tool to take the old one apart (btw) is it a left handed thread or normal? :dunno:
im guna try to post some pics to show my progress :)

21 - 40 of 53 Posts