Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are complete newbies to up trails and have never owned a snowmobile. We are upper 40s so looking for leisure type rides. Thinking about buying a 2002 skidoo or yamaha 2up. We travel the up often in summer. Thinking about the Houghton area, Keweenaw. Ideas much appreciated. No idea where to start

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Houghton is beautiful riding and there is a TON of trails. Don't go off boondocking and you will be fine staying on the trails. As someone who's family came from Italy to Houghton to work in the copper mines, we still go up there now and then to visit what family is left there. Have snowmobiled all over that area since I was a kid and I love it. Sadly I don't get up there to do that anymore but I would if I could. That entire ride up to Copper Harbor and back is a nice ride. If you have been there already then you know what areas to hit on the trails. Plus a lot of the hotels have trails right next to them making it easy to just get up get breakfast and take off again. Contact Houghton or Keweenaw travel and they will send you a huge packet on where to go and possibly a trail map as well. Idk if you would get it in time but you might as they end up riding up there well into the end of March sometimes to the end of April without any problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts