Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Newbie to snowmobiles... I picked up a nice 600srx from my friend- its low miles and super clean. I want to get a simple cover for it... without breaking the bank..

QUESTION: Are these covers any good or are they total waste of $$ ?? They are $80 on Amazon.

Raider 02-7746 DT-Series Premium X-Large Heavy-Duty Snowmobile Storage Cover

Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good for you for wanting to put a cover on your snowmobile! I see way to many sleds on open trailers without covers and are full of salt and slush. Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.

I have a similar style cover made by Parts Unlimited. My concern with that cover is it says it is a "storage" cover. It will not hold up on a trailer. It is just made to keep the dust off in the off season.

Here is the one that I have for my 96 V Max. It is a great cover for use on an open trailer. Easy to get on and off and keeps the sled clean.

Parts Unlimited Red/Black Total Cover - 4003-0106 Snowmobile | Dennis Kirk

·
Registered
974 Posts
Look at the thickness of the cover. That will tell you whether or not it can handle being on a trailer or not. Thicker the better.

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
That's a storage cover. If you try to trailer it there will be nothing left of it by the time you get to your destination.

Steve

·
Registered
974 Posts
Actually if you look at their website they say it is a trailer-able cover as well. Raider products were made up here by me and some of them are pretty decent. Not the best but definitely usable. Also the thickness of the cover matters more then anything. Thicker the better. Some people have positive reviews on that sled when being used on a trailer. I have used Raider covers in the past on a trailer with no issues, I was even given one with a sled I bought and 20 years later it is still holding up pretty good. Couple tears but those were my fault.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I HAD two of the exact same covers. Both of them were shredded by the end of a 300 mile road trip. Ended up with a clamshell trailer eventually after dealing with covers and salt shields that really don't do much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts