Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure which forum to put this in.....hope this is the right one.

Just got first sled, I love the sled and got a good deal on it but I wish it had a tachometer. Looks like the accessory connector off the main harness would make it easy it wire in and there's a place for it in the dash...but how to mount it? Is it a popout on the dash or will I have to cut it somehow? Anyone done this?

Also which tach to buy and why? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Most hoods have the pop out built right into the dash. Open the hood and see if yours has it. The tach will come with all mounting hardware.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SEG..I'll look for the popout.

Any advice on what tach I should put in there? I have no idea if they are all about the same, or if some are better than others, or if I should just ask the dealer and go with whatever he wants to sell me.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK guys, thanks..didn't know if OEM was the way to go, or if something else might be better.

OEM it will be :D ....I've still got a 15% discount coupon on accessories from purchasing the sled, will pick up the tach on that before it expires!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
hey aartwmich, i'm in gobles, that little hillbilly town between paw paw and allegan. maybe us and a few other southwestern michiganders can get a ride going, maybe we can all meet at the driftbusters or whatnot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should have the tach this week..took ALOT of persuading the dealer parts guy to call Artcic Cat and find me a Cat tach, he tried to sell me a tinytach. I'm not to pleased with my dealer :rolleyes:

Hiya Raider..well if I ever get a trailer and hitch so I can get my sled to the trails, we may ride together. Oh and there's that other little thing...... called SNOW!! I'm hating this warm weather :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it and it was a piece of cake to pop it in!

Got enough snow last 2 days to tool around my little trails...I love this stuff!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts