Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..I just purchased a 2000 Polaris 550 Sport Touring 2-up with 2,700 miles for $2,000.00. All options, including electric start. Based on Kelly BB, the sled has a retail of $2,950.00 and trade-in value of $2,300.00, so it appears that I did well. Just not sure how accurate the Kelly BB is to true market values today.

This is my 2nd sled, but I haven't been on one for about 10 years. My first sled was a 72 Articat Panther...really ugly sled..but I was a kid and at least I had one to ride :)

In any event, I bought the 2-up because I have a couple of children now, and they can ride with me.

So, did I get a good deal on my purchase? Second, is there anything maintenance wise that I should look out for on this Polaris.

THanks...and let is SNOW!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sounds like you did pretty good on the price as long as it looks in good shape. Did the seller tell you what kind of maintenence he did? At 2700 miles, there are some things I would do to ensure many more trouble free miles:

1. Pull the skid and check all the bearings and shocks
2. While skid is out replace hyfax sliders if worn
3. Check carbides and replace if worn
4. Grease every grease fitting on the sled
5. Check chain tension and change chaincase oil- replace the 2 #6204 bearings in the chaincase housing
6. Replace belt and plugs if worn
7. Make sure oil injection lines aren't cracked or dry

All this is pretty much pre-season maintenence, so if the seller has done this, then you might be able to just ride, ride, ride!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts