Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Every where people are having shortages, i can feel it being a good february tho:p

·
Registered
329 Posts
Cadboy1 said:
Is it just me or did this area get almost nothing so far this season? Is this unusual?
Yes, it is very unusual!! Old Forge/Tug Hill on the average gets up to 300 inches of snow per year. I have had to postpone 2 trips to the Andirondacks because they have nothing. With it being 60 degrees in NY today, it only made matters worse (melted any base they had).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope they get some soon, I plan to spend a week in Feb. I remmember last year I went in mid Jan and they had plenty of snow. I dont think total amount this year has been no more than 5 or 6 inches:mad:

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can actually ride in the area u just cant be as aggressive on the trails right now but theres enough snow to keep your sliders from tearing up and carbides in one piece. Looks like this week will be a good one being that the lake effect is really starting to kick in. The lakes might be ready as well by this weekend. Big Moose to Glen Moore was good to go two weeks ago but Im not sure what that sixty degree weather did to it last week. I was up there but didnt get a chance to check that lake.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm on my way up there the second week of FEB. I see there are some improvments since this last storm, but Its nothing like last year!! I'm hopeing for some good lake effect blast to save the season up there, but , I'm sure I'll still go. A weeks vacation frorm work is better spent on the Trails, even IF they're a little bare.
I have plenty of snow here in Ohio, but the fact that nobody can find me is my motivation to get AWAY, FAR away from the shop.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going up next week to but now i dont know. Seems like nothing much will be left as temps go in the mod 30's in the next few days.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We cancelled our trip up there.......Headed to Canada instead. Sorry NY, but you got ROBBED of snow this season( so far ):mad: I've ridden almost 500 miles here in Ohio, and going to add more if the snow comes back.
We'll see what it's like north of the border.
Talk to yah guys and gals in a week and a few days, as we leave in the morning.
Ride safe, Don't drink and ride!
Bad Wreck with drinking suspected

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lakes are ALLLL rideable, about 12 incvhes of fresh snow as of the 13th. Groomers still havent been out???????????? didnt get to beat up this weekend.. The area definately is starting to look like it should this time of year

·
Registered
55 Posts
i was in old forge last week at this time and the trails were a little beat on sunday because of the presidents holiday weekend, but on monday the trails were real good besides the rocks on the turns. it was snowing hard when we left tuesday nigth and they supposedly got 5 more inches. check out these links if you're going up there http://www.oldforgeny.com or http://www.oldforge.net/christys/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts