Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, my, what a day! 30-40" of powder on top of about 3 feet base, we spent the day getting stuck and getting unstuck and then getting stuck again! It was awesome! Temps this morning at 9:00 when we got started hovered around -4f, but it warmed up to a balmy 20 by mid-afternoon. I'm getting too old to keep up with these kids!!

group.jpg fresh powder.JPG Mike stuck.JPG pete trench.JPG tipped over.JPG

·
sledhead for life
570 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It's been too cold for me to get out the last few days. I know what you mean about sledding with these young guys; I always like to have one or two with to make sure we can get out.

·
Super Moderator
17,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been too cold for me to get out the last few days. I know what you mean about sledding with these young guys; I always like to have one or two with to make sure we can get out.

Or in my case, 5 ;)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
WOW! what a day of riding! 2 weeks ago we had close to 2 feet of perfect snow here and luckily a friend let me ride his MXZ fora bout an hour and a half in it, and thursday of last week when I finally got my XC back together enough to at least test ride it it was 40 degrees and RAINING! the following day was close to zero degrees turning everything to a ROCK! Most the snow is gone, and whats left is pure ice. Thats how my life goes though. Glad someone gets to have fun!

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
I put on 75 miles yesterday. It was not too bad but it was icy. We need some snow but I need a few days from work so about this time next week will be good.

Road trip to Oregon!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Went out on New Year's Eve too... Had 68" of snow on the ground. Below the top couple feet of snow, it was packed pretty well. We went on on 136's, and never got stuck once! Did a lot of (attempted) carving... it was sweeeeet!

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
stuck in the flats....weak!!!:laugh:

looks like you guys had just as much fun as we did.

·
1998 Arctic Cat ZL500
149 Posts
Nice pics. I'm too old to get stuck anymore. So when you say it was awesome, my back would disagree.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Found my pics... a couple of them, at least. Most of the tracks out here were ours!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks fun too!!

Hey, voodoo, the secret is going out with 5 guys MUCH younger than you! And when you get stuck, look like you are having chest pains or something. Works like a charm!
(Hope Kilroy doesn't see this post, he'll quit helping me get unstuck!)

·
sledhead for life
570 Posts
That looks fun too!!

Hey, voodoo, the secret is going out with 5 guys MUCH younger than you! And when you get stuck, look like you are having chest pains or something. Works like a charm!
(Hope Kilroy doesn't see this post, he'll quit helping me get unstuck!)
:laugh:

·
1998 Arctic Cat ZL500
149 Posts
Good tip. I'll have to try that out. :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts