Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2011 polaris 800 rmk ,first polaris since 2005 ,been on skidoo's previously , only riden the new sled twice , seems great in the powder but kinda crappy in the bumps ,so I ordered the walker shocks since this one is not a pro model ,has any one else experienced this ,what else do you recomend for these ? do they need venting or tunnel stiffners , any advise would be great

thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,377 Posts
The WE shocks are much better than the stock Ryde FX. A lot of the sleds are sent from the factory with too much pretension on the front springs, I loosened mine on my 600 RMK and it made a difference on how it handled the bumpy trails.

You can't put enough vents on that 800, they get hot. Extra vents in front and behind the clutch are common as are side panels that are nothing BUT vent. Let the heat out, your belt lives longer.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
i have the walker evans shocks, theyre amazing

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
if your talking to me, then i dont have the ryde fx shocks, my sled was a snocheck edition, it came with the walker evans shocks and an slp exhaust kit

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts
^^ I think he was talking to treerider vw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Id love to get those RYDE fx shocks from you if you want to sell them. Mine are getting bent and blown
Sure ,I don't think I will need them after the others get here ,still waiting to here from the dealer but they should be in this week and mine have about 85 miles on them. Just send me e mail with a contact number or e mail and I will get in touch when my walkers get in.
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts