Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for two sleds for my son and I.
I found two but they both have high miles. I wanted to find out from the community if they are worth buying. The same person has both for sale. Says they are upgrading this year. I can get them for 7,000 if I purchase both.
  • 2014 Ski doo mxz tnt 600 Etec with 9,400 miles on it.
  • 2011 Ski Doo Mxz tnt 800R etec with 5,500 miles on it.
They have not had any engine work done on them. They guy said they mostly did trail riding with them.

Should I buy or run as fast as I can :)

Thanks for all of your opnions I really don't know how long an Etec motor will last.

Jason.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Prices dramatically vary from region to region. Thus, best to compare selling prices within your specific area. I once owned a TNT and loved it. One of the best sleds I previously owned - before I was forced to sell it. Recommend test driving each. And if you can, take both sleds to your local sled shop for pre-buy inspection. They will (should) find any hidden mechanical bugs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
May sound weird, but one can surf U-Tube video clips for the same year/make/model as well. Sometimes, folks post their reviews, likes and dislikes. And, you can hear a good working engine in action as well. After each video, remember to read their lower user comments as well. Some folks leave both negative and positive comments. re: I got one and best sled I owned as well.

Hope this helps as well....

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
The 2011 800R is shaky to me. If I recall correctly, there was a recall on the 2011-2012 800R for a piston issue.

The 2014 etec 600 should be taken to the dealer to make sure the ECM has been updated. 2014-2015 models had a lean burn condition.

Reactions: JasonWI

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2011 800R is shaky to me. If I recall correctly, there was a recall on the 2011-2012 800R for a piston issue.

The 2014 etec 600 should be taken to the dealer to make sure the ECM has been updated. 2014-2015 models had a lean burn condition.
The 2011 did have the recall done. That much I know. No idea on the 2014 if that was done.
Thanks for the information!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts