Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering which years/models had any major problems, etc. Im shopping for my first sled and would love to know what I should be looking at. Thanks all!

Kevin

·
Registered
570 Posts
Pick out 5 or 6 different sleds that are available. It will be easier to give you the good and the bad about a smaller selection and not every sled ever built.

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
it's also nice to know what kind of riding you want to do, there are different sleds for mountains vs. trails, for example. If you are going to ride trails and want flat out speed, a mountain sled won't cut it for you, for example.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. First off, I was looking for info on Arctic Cats (as i posted in the AC section), 95 or newer. There are no real mountains around here, so its all trail and field riding. Thats not to say id never take a trip to the mountains, just that it would be rare. I also don't need to do 100mph or be able to fly off 20' jumps, although the capability is nice :)

Kevin

·
Registered
431 Posts
900 do you have friends that ride right now? If you do id ask them to ride there sleds for a little bit to see what you like. If not id go with a 5to 600 cc liquid cooled sled. I know forest park honda has a decent selection of used sleds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
F9-

I actually don't really know anyone that rides. My wife's cousin and I were out on his sleds a couple years ago (95 Polaris, and 96 MXZ-583) I enjoyed both of those sleds quite a bit. I liked the Ski-Doo more as it had more motor and better suspension, but id take either at this point if he were giving them away :) Ive been looking for exactly what you suggest, 5-600cc liquid cooled. Ive been to Forrest Park and looked at what they had, but those were all out of my price range ATM. The sales guy was pretty cool though, and showed me what to look for on used ones like track fray, pulled out studs, rounded paddles, worn slides, function shocks etc. I learned a lot.

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts