Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to riding as of last season, have run into my first minor issue and am hoping for some help. I've got a 2014 Ski-Doo Summit X, just had it in for service at my local shop and everything looked good. Got it out for a couple of rides since and it's run great. It's always started on the first our second pull, but on Sat it started taking 4,5,6 and then eventually just wouldn't start. Eventually after trying it a dozen or so times, then taking a little break and trying it again it started after probably 8 pulls and I just let it run until we got it back on the trailer.

I'm assuming the first thing I should try is the plugs since once it got going it ran great. Two questions for you guys

1) Is there something else I should check before the plugs?
2) Any advice on how to get to the plugs in this machine, or even a link to a video (I've looked all over youtube and all I've been able to find are videos with real easy access to plugs for quick and easy changes or on this particular machine just videos of people taking off the front panel).

Thanks for the help!

Jim

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Not really much help on getting access, but I do know you have to index the plugs. There are youtube videos describing what that means.

2014, is that the e-tec 800? If so, there is definitely something wrong and plugs are an easy test/fix, but I would suspect something else. Does that have the rubber cap DESS or the plastic ball style (RF). There might be the interference issue with the RF style if the update hasn't been done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts