Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input on what sled to purchase. I am in between a 2011 polaris 800 rush pro r or a 2011 arctic cat sno pro 800. What I am looking for in a new sled is comfort and performance.

Thanks

·
PFS-Pray For Snow!!!!!!!!
247 Posts
It depends on the riding type. Although I have never ridden one, it sounds like the Rush's are awesome. That being said, if you want to move to a longer track some day, I would get the Cat.

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
well comfort and performance in sleds don't always go hand in hand. You want trail performance for riding hard, both of those would be great. When I hear comfort I think of a touring machine with a cushier suspension. The snopro suspension will not be 'comfortable' per say with a nice cushy ride. That being said, the rush suspension is a truly progressive rate suspension, so it's 'supposed' to be very nice for both small bumps and big.

Personally, i'd go with the cat, because I would rather have the snopro package, and i'm not sure whether the rush will live up to it's rep during hard riding, but it should be more comfortable trail riding

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
IMO the rush is just a gimic. I guess we'll see? Now are you looking at a F8 Sno Pro? If comfort is what you are looking for I'd say the Crossfire 800 R!

·
Registered
315 Posts
from what i have heard the rush is a constant tinkering with adjustments to get it
the way a person likes it . the rush will eat up the faster big bumps better
if your going for simplicty and best ride the cat is the one to choose
either engine will perform to your satisfaction i am sure ,if it is about the comfort ,i say go cat

·
Super Moderator
16,806 Posts
If the Polaris 800 had proved itself over time, I would say the Rush. But Polaris has yet to prove to me that they can make a big HP engine that is reliable. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the 800 this year!) Cat for the win until that happens. And I'm a Polaris guy. If you were talking 600's, Rush all the way!

·
Catfan
393 Posts
crossfire. idk about that 800 in the rush ive seen polaris had issues with biger motors in the past.

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Rush 600. The Liberty 600 CFI has been said to be the most potent 600 available by SnowTrax. Do you really need the extra power of the 800? Is it worth it to you to trade more power for less durability? If you do really want/need an 800, go with the Cat. I'm also a Polaris man, but Cat's 800 HO seems like it's the sh*t.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would go with the polaris...more reliable
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

like the guys said.. If you have to have a Rush get the 600.. I hear no bad things about them so far.. And if your looking for trail comfort in a cat look at the F series or a crossfire.. On a side note everytime i see someone hard core trail riding an M series cat i barf in my mouth a little..

JT

·
Certified Mechanic
56 Posts
The Polaris Rush looks cool, but the Arctic Cat 800 is a trustworthy tested machine. This is why Arctic Cat has made few adjustments since the M-series came aboard. The Polaris Rush is neat, but the technology has only been out for a few short years, so there may be issues that have yet to unfold with the redical rear suspention set up. I have built/rode/tested dozens of Arctic Cat 800's working as a mechanic at the Cat/Yam dealership. They are crazy fast and have tons of power; more than anyone actually needs. Also, another good tip for anyone buying a new sled is to look into all models in the race circuit. Those sleds are the top quality and best engineered, so whatever they have from those sleds available to the consumer market, that is waht you want. No manufacturer is running a set up like the Polaris Rush suspention, not even Polaris, so that should raise a red flag there and make us all think; Is that really the best suspention?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts