Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good first sled, I've been riding for a little while and have ridden a few before (biggest was 600). I'd prefer a Cat but can only afford somethin around $1,700.
Thanks
Geoff

·
Registered
6 Posts
mebbe try to find somethin like a 96 or 97 ZRT 600. I wouldnt go back to the non fastrack chassis though and definetly not a non AWS wishbone sled

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
catkid said:
mebbe try to find somethin like a 96 or 97 ZRT 600. I wouldnt go back to the non fastrack chassis though and definetly not a non AWS wishbone sled
I really like the Zr2 chassis. That is the Zr chassis for the 98 - 99 models. I don't like the 00 - 01 chassis as well. Probably your best bet would be to look into a 98 or 99 Zr if you are looking for a godo performance sled at a decent price now. You should be able to find a nice ZR in that model year for around 2500 - $3000.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You could get a Z570. It won't hang with liquids on the straight aways but has plenty of power for you. You can get the used Zs really cheap too. It's light and will get good gas milege.

·
Registered
22 Posts
look for a 95 or so zr, if you can pick a 700 zr up. grab it. they are fun fun fun!

·
Registered
22 Posts
oh, the 580zr's are fun too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts