Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am new to this forum and i searched for a topic and didnt realy get nething so i will just post my ? ok wel recently my mom just decided to get into sledin so she is takin my sled and im buyin new. i was wondering what a good ridin sled wud be. i hear the zls have sum power and a good ride. but what are some other sleds to consider.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
no Zl's anymore
goto all the manufacturers website, basically everything is on there....

what price range are you looking at? any particular engine size?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Like G-Force said, we need some other thing that will help us tell you what to look for

·
Registered
44 Posts
id get a ZR befor a ZL, the ZRs are faster. I can beat a ZL 500 with my MXZ 440.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well yah i kinda knocked the zl out after hearin sum other stuff about it also. well i was kinda lookin more toward buyin used because they are goin really cheap now. so i guess what i sayin is what wud be a good used sled to buy under 3500. i kinda like the zrs they seem like a good sled. but is there neother suggestions. also if im goin to buy a sled i will defintely test ride it and make sure its for me before i buy it.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
dont listen to that guy he says his 440 will do 95 which it wont. but yea i would get a zr if you want an arctic cat or a firecat

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well i was lookin in the paper today and i want to hear sum of our opions on sum of these sleds.
98zr 600 efi 2350
2002 zr 500 4250
01 zr 600 efi 3400
98 zr600 2900
99 zr700 2200
02 zr500 1000mi 4000
also are there any years to watch out for and yes i will watch for mileage also when buyin

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
01 zr 600 efi 3400 :) thats goooood:cool:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
02 zr500 1000mi 4000

that one that is its the same yea and cheaper and low miles

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i tink im gunna look into that last 500 and also the 01 600
thanx for ur help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok my dad was at an auction today and there was a 2000 zl600ss. hes not sure if he got it yet but he paid 2800. it has 500 miles. it was hit in the back and the only ting wrong on it was the bumper so i will just order a new one. if i do end up gettin this sled is there anything to know about it or ne helpful information about this sled only. i tink it has a gas rear suspension if im right.and its a efi. but nething else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes you were right it was a 02 but today was hecktic. we went to a ac dealership and looked at the firecats and stuff and decided to go to the ski doo dealership. my uncle buys new sleds from this dealer every year. Simonars(name of the dealership) was way better than the cat dealer. well long story short is i ended up walkin out wit a 02 mxz 500. this is the first doo i have ever owned so we will see what happens. we got a great deal on it for 35 wit only like 1500 miles. and this ting is in great condition. but i still might end up gettin the zl and givin it to my mom and sellin my old cat but for now shes stayin. thanx for your help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey mxz440 i take it u ride a 440 but is that air cooled. also how do u like it for like ditch hoppin. i picked my sled up yesterday and we put on 170miles. i was pretty sore after the ride.so what kinda suspension is on this. and also i noticed my sled was a little squirrly i was jump around. there isnt any studs in it and shud i consider puttin some in to stop the movement.and one last ting i noticed the front shocks were set pretty low shud i raise them cuz i only weight 160 and the track wudnt connect the greatest. but overal i am extremely pleased with this sled and wud take another one witout a doubt. also i was so happy no probs wit the first time out. i tink thats a first with brand new sleds wit me

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah I Have a 98 MXZ 440f, is yours fan or LC? I do do some jumping with my sled, I don't seem to have much problems with the suspension bottoming out eather should you if the shocks are set right and your jumping properly. You should have about 10" in the front and 12" in the rear of travel, about an inch more than me. If the front end seems to be using to much travel I would tighten them up. And yes i would stud your track, this will also help your accel and stopping power and if needed for beter control get larger carbides (not sure what you have on yours already). enjoy the new sled

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yah i thought urs was forced air. yah mine is lc. im only 15 so my sled shud get pretty beat up but i tink it will hold up alot better to my beatin than the zl. but this thurs were gunna go ridin and before im gunna adjust the suspensino to what u said.by the way how much do u weigh. because actually i wud kinda like to find a half way medium in the settin between me and my dad. my dad is about 210. cuz we switch oftend and it wud kinda become a pain sittin there and adjustin it all the time. but yes so far i have loved the sled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Sled eh,

Seems funny no one has asked you what kind of sledding you are going to do. Seems that should be rather important. Trail riding, mountain, powder, racing, lake speeding or what have you. They all require a different sled for that purpose. Sled people are so brand sensitive and loyal it is hard to get an answer that means anything. Best thing to do is drive some of your friends sleds and then make a decision.

If you are already decided on the brand then why ask the question in the first place. Whatever you do have a great and safe time driving the new skid.

Dave

1 - 20 of 25 Posts