Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a 1983 Yamaha SRV 540 for $580.00. Sled looks really good for the age and runs good. Bought it for a back up sled. I needs a vent cover for the hood if anyone has one for sale, I would be willing to buy it for a reasonable price.

My Model ^^^^ :thumbsup:

·
Mr. Budget Mechanic
152 Posts
Wow, that thing is in AMAZING shape for it's age. Great buy.:thumbsup:

I was seriously considering buying an '83 SRV before I bought my '87 Phazer, and although I'm pretty happy with the Phazer, I wonder how much faster the SRV with the bigger 540cc motor could be than the 485cc Phazer, although the SRV is probably a bit heavier due to the fact that it's a couple inches longer.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
x2! that thing is in incredible shape. which vent are after? i have some parts laying around from that vintage.

·
Read Only
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
x2! that thing is in incredible shape. which vent are after? i have some parts laying around from that vintage.
I was told my hood is an 1984. Same guy said this vent is only on the 1984 and up hoods, it is the longest vent of them all.

I circled it in this picture.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
i have a hood identical to the one in the picture in the first post. this hood is different than the one pictured in your last post with the circled vent. the vent appears to be different than the one pictured/circled. which hood are you working on?

·
Registered
385 Posts
That's a nice sled, I just sold one for the same price and close to the same condition(that one's a little better). It was a nice sled. Also, I would check sacha hindel I think it is. He has a forum for the SRV's.

·
Read Only
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a hood identical to the one in the picture in the first post. this hood is different than the one pictured in your last post with the circled vent. the vent appears to be different than the one pictured/circled. which hood are you working on?
I was told it is a 1984 hood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts