Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advise about what kind of replacement skis to get for a 2000 ps 500 efi. It might be a 2001, not sure. Anyway I need to replace the skis and carbides. I ride mainly ditches and frozen lakes, but also in some powder.

I read somewhere that there is a difference in the skis for a cast aluminum spindle. Does this sled have cast aluminum spindles?

What would you recommend for a replacement? 6", 7", 8" ski's? How long of carbides should I get?

thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I need some advise about what kind of replacement skis to get for a 2000 ps 500 efi. It might be a 2001, not sure. Anyway I need to replace the skis and carbides. I ride mainly ditches and frozen lakes, but also in some powder.
no help on the skis, but as far as year, does it have powervalves? The 2000 efi engines didn't, the 2001's did. There are some weird mid year prototype sleds though, I've got one. tunnel has a manufactured date in '99, the model year on the vin is 2000, but it has a 2001 engine. As far as I can tell it did come factory like that and wasn't swapped later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what power valves are so I can't answer. I think it is a 2000 though.

Anyone have a recommendation on new ski's?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts