Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the list price was (example)$10,000, what would you expect to pay dealer for a snowmobile in his inventory if you are paying cash? What dealers are easy to work with in western Minnesota..eastern South Dakota...no brand preference. I really am interested in a utility sled Skandic, Bearcat, Polaris WT. I think a 600 liquid cooled would be better then the 550 fan cooled but I may be wrong.
Thank you,
Tull

·
Super Moderator
18,377 Posts
Paying cash may or may not get you any discount. The dealer here started the season with 25 sleds, they have 4 new ones left. It's been a good year and they are not hungry for sales. Your dealer may have a ton of sleds and wants to get rid of them, so may be more willing to deal. You can also make a better deal on a year old or two year old sled that's been sitting in the crate. All the dealers are interested in getting rid of their non-current inventory and really discount the prices to clear out the sleds. The sleds you have mentioned aren't in the top seller list, so it could be more of a problem finding one, especially non-current.

The 550 has about half the HP the 600 has, but can run in some pretty good conditions. I would like the extra power, especially if you are going to be pulling something from time to time.

Good luck in your search! And welcome to the forum!

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Porter's Toys for Big Boys in Brookings I've heard has a good group of guys. They mostly deal Polaris I think. Midamerican Motoplex in Sioux Falls has some of everything. There's a dealer in Toronto that has Ski-Doo, and one of my cousin's buddies works there and his grandpa owns it. They're really nice down there also. I'm not familiar with any in MN, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts