Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to your boards and wanted to say hello! We are from Mass, but have a place in NH. We only have one sled at this time- a 98 Skidoo Touring E (wifes). We are members of the Moultonborogh Club and I plan on buying a 2 up Liquid cooled machine and a 340-440 powered machine for my kids, hopefully this year.

Come on , snow Gods!!

Regards,

John

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Welcome, John! I ride that system also, as well as Alton, Wolfeboro, etc. Hopefully we have a good year this time around. Welcome to the forum!

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks EC!!

I appreciate the welcome.

If you don't mind I have a few Polaris questions. I just bought 2 1998 Classic Touring 500 CC LC, electric, reverse, etc. Both seat covers need to be replaced. The seller, a family friend, is buying two new seats-cushions and covers-and is willing to have them put on.

How much work is it to replace the seat assembly? I am mechanically inclined and I like to know how things come apart so I will know how they go back together at 2 AM in the woods. Plus I don't want to wait two weeks or so for delivery!!!

My research indicated that these are good sleds, do you have any thoughts? WE have two kids 9 and 6 that will be behind us often. We have a Skidoo Touring E (380 Fan) I consider to be a great sled, so that will be my comparison point.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
385 Posts
They sound like nice sleds, welcome to the forum!

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
my dad has an indy500 touring hand warmers, liquid cooled, reverse, studded,blah blah blah, and he loves it. no problems so far. the only thing he didnt like, but doesnt mind now that he found out, was that it burns a lil more oil than what he thought when he got it. like i do, he carries an extra bottle of oil in the engine compartment wedged along the side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts