Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I figured I would post an introduction thread as I've been lurking for some time here, found great information, and want to get to know some people.

Name is Josh, live in the southern Twin Cities, MN. I inherited a snowmobile from my father's passing in September. Funny thing is, it was a surprise to everyone that he had a secret snowmobile.

I think it was secret out of nessessity. It is a 1994 Polaris Indy 500 EFI SKS 2-up. Sled has around 3200 miles on it and is the teal/purple/black/silver colors of the mid 90's evolved chassis Indy's.

*space reserved for before picture upload for when I get home*

I know my dad would have eventually changed the colors up to a Red/black/silver, so I've begun to do that for him

*current picture space reserved*

I am still waiting on the registration decals and some other decals to show up Monday. I've been working on it all fall/winter, but have decided to just wrap it up so I can ride this winter, and finish the rest this summer.

Compression is 125/125 cold, which I was happy with.
Things I've fixed:
-new mirrors
-gas gauge
-cleaning/debadging/rebadging
Things to do this weekend:
-drain tank/replace fuel, replace fuel filters
-replace oil injection filter, change oil injection oil
-change chaincase oil
-drain/fill coolant
-clean clutch area off to make sure belt doesn't break

Overall the sled is strong, just in need of maintenance, knowing my father, all of his vehicles were always in these conditions, "strong" but in need of a few things to clean it up/make it perfect.

A bit about me:
I've co-owned two automotive performance shops prior to my current career in the Fleet Industry, so I am no stranger around wrenching. I am new to snowmobiling and have limited 2 stroke exposure, but I am learning quickly. I handled all of the tuning at my shops and have tuned all over the country.

In the summer I enjoy fishing, golf, and softball. Winter is ice fishing and now snowmobiling! I've already spread the fever onto my fiancee and she is already looking for a helmet. I just picked up a helmet/goggles and hope to take it for its first spin Monday.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Welcome from another snowmobiler, hot rodder, and Twin citianer..?:dunno::laugh:

hope the sled treats you well!

ps what automotive shops were you a part of?

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts
Welcome sounds like you have a good project ahead of you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from another snowmobiler, hot rodder, and Twin citianer..?:dunno::laugh:

hope the sled treats you well!

ps what automotive shops were you a part of?
1st one: QPR INC (Quick Precision Racing, INC.) in St. Paul, 2004.

2st one: LSE Performance, Ramsey/Maple Grove 2006-2008.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts