Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO.

I have a small problem and would appreciate anyone helping with local knowledge in their province.

I've been visiting New Brunswick since 1998 but the last dealer who rented snowmobiles to people WITHOUT a driver's licence (near Miramichi) has stopped renting snowmobiles altogether.

There are 2-3 possibilities near Whitehorse in the Yukon Territory but that would make my journey more complicated, longer and more expensive.
(I'm hoping to snowmobile with a friend from Toronto.)

I know that Ontario is ruled out as a possibility - full stop.

So if anyone knows of somewhere - ideally Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, but at this stage I'm not too fussy - I would ve very grateful.

David

·
Mach1 92' 617 & 94' 670
183 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies and private messages.
New Brunswick I had to rule out unfortunately. The contact I was given for Campbelton (which I used in 2008) was not suitable as the website entry said that a guide was available but I would need to pay for his snowmobile rental and maybe accommodation. Last time I was with a rider from Fredericton so this would've been a big expense for my friend and I. O'Donnell's Cottages at Doaktown (visited in 2004) have stopped renting snowmobiles.

So I'm off to Yukon again (2008 it was Haines Junction, this time Whitehorse itself). Reasonable rental rates $270 (including guide and his machine etc) not additionally as in Campbelton.

Thanks again for feedback.
David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts