Snowmobile Forum banner

New member! 1980 Jag questions

533 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  1980JAG 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! New to the forum and new to snowmobiling!
I recently purchased a 1980 Arctic Cat Jag 3000 F/C as a cheap project sled in hopes to use for ice fishing. I’ve bought new spark plugs, replaced the fuel line to the carb, drained all the old fluids in the sled and replaced them along with sea foam in an attempt to clean the carb and fuel system.However, I’m still having issues with the sled and thinking I’ll need to take apart the carb for a deep clean.
The carburetor is a Mikuni B34-32-3. This will be my first carburetor job and I have a few questions. I don’t know what elevation the carb is jetted for currently. I plan on using the sled on lakes at elavtion from 7,000-9,000 ft most of the season. I’ve searched online and haven’t had any luck at finding a jet kit for that specific carb. Would other Mikuni jet kits be compatible with my carb? If not should I contemplate buying a newer different model of carb with a jet kit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.