Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the IQ up on CL just for gigs and surprisingly got a few bites. I got it listed for $6000 so I should be able to pick up something else pretty new. I found an 09 Yami FX Nytro RTX SE and he wants $7. I'm thinking I can get it for 6750 maybe and just kick in the money to do it. Otherwise thinking I can find a used Rush for around there? Any opinions on what I should try next? The IQ just doesn't handle as good as I want and I want something more rider forward.

2007 POLARIS IQ LX 600 CFI FS/TRADE

2009 Yamaha Nitro

And I already talked to dad, he's down.

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
I would honestly try find yourself a Rush. You could find a used one for about $8k if you could afford to do that.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8K is pushing it.... Maybe I could do it though. Maybe flip the Nytro and pick up a new leftover Rush?

I wouldn't pay more than 5 for that renegade.

I would maybe pick this one up, new leftover:
Polaris 2010 600 Rush

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, that link I posted was a New holdover Rush for 8K.... I bet I could get a used one for 7 easy (as stated).

I still kinda like that Nytro.... Any opinions on that sled? How do they handle? Ride?

It's been pretty well determined that anything we do, I personally have to pay for anything that goes over. So It NEEDS to stay below 7000 and preferably as close to 6000 as it can.

So any suggestions? I love the handling of our rev and want something just as far forward. I just don't want a rev because of the heavy knee bend. I'm thinking that puts it down to Rev XP, Rush, or maybe a FX Nytro.

·
Live to ride
2,682 Posts
My brother was going to buy a dragon, but after he test rode a RUSH....well lets just say he is now a proud owner of a brand new rush.

I would say go for a rush.

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
The 08 FX Nytro I rode sucked. Tippy as absolute he!! and handled like crap. Now it was the first year on the new chassis I think and I guessed they fixed it but I didn't like it. And also with yamaha's, you basically have to get this thing called yamaheaters. My bro's handwarmers on his Apex SUCKED!!! Absolute junk. haha.

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Well in one of my snowmobile mags they said they changed the spindles and stuff on the newer ones and said they were much better. I would test drive one and see how it is. All I know is I dont like my friends!

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not to in love with the nytro

I'm really starting to fall in love with the rush.... It just looks perfect compared to what I want to do.
First step, sell the sled. Then the first Rush under $7000 and low miles or the first MXZ 600 Etec with same req's. We'll see which comes first.

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
My sleds up for sale to. I have it for a crazy price though, of $2500. Lmao. I know i'm not going to get it but if some idiot offers like $2400 i'm taking it. I'll just buy an indy of some sort and save my money.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know, I just saw it on CL. My sled books for 52 tops and I'm asking 6, and a guy emailed about it. So I'm thinking it could happen. Imma bet You'll probably get a guy to say 2250 for yours.

And my buddy is selling his 04 mxz 500ss and a 05 gsx 800 and he was gonna get 10 from a guy.... book on them is 87 tops and I wouldn't pay 7.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Yea, that link I posted was a New holdover Rush for 8K.... I bet I could get a used one for 7 easy (as stated).

I still kinda like that Nytro.... Any opinions on that sled? How do they handle? Ride?

It's been pretty well determined that anything we do, I personally have to pay for anything that goes over. So It NEEDS to stay below 7000 and preferably as close to 6000 as it can.

So any suggestions? I love the handling of our rev and want something just as far forward. I just don't want a rev because of the heavy knee bend. I'm thinking that puts it down to Rev XP, Rush, or maybe a FX Nytro.
my dad just bought a 2011 rush 600 and he really likes it, its not the pro r though.. he had a xc 800 before this that hes had for years now and wanted a better ride and he loves it so far, its not the fastest thing in the whole world but it goes ok. i just saw a 2010 600 rush on craigslist today for 6500 with warranty stil

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
yep thats the one...my dad was looking at holdovers that werent much more money than that though... he got his 2011 for like 8500 i think.. hes been given me a hard time for how much i payed for my 800..but i told him real power costs money!!! oh yeah and my 800 e tec get way better mileage than his 600 rush. and i still wear a cat jacket when i ride it haha

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
only 5 hours away!.... Nah, gotta sell first. And I'd rather spend another couple hundred and get one nearby.

·
Registered
72 Posts
if i were you i would go for one of the left over rushes. it seems like there pretty good sleds iv never herd anyone complain about them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts