Snowmobile Forum banner

New here...94 XLT suspension?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Skid 
#1 ·
I bought this 94 XLT as a beater for something to get me back into snowmobiling. If things work out this year I'll get something nicer for next season.
Anyway, it has the original XC-100 suspension and the Fox shocks are bad. Wondering what the handling differences are between XC-100, XTRA-10, and any other suspension you would suggest for this sled. Need help deciding weather to just fix what I have or upgrade to better suspension.
Thanks,
Don

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Put in the Xtra-10 and you will be riding that for years to come.
Would I need to replace the front suspension too or just leave the standard IFS? It's all in good shape.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Is $185 a decent price for an XTRA 10 complete that needs a little tlc?....some bearings, shock rebuilt, etc.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
might be a little high depending on how old it is. I bought an xtra-10 out of a '98 for 75 bucks in 9/10 condition. only thing it needed was 1 shock
That was in WI I bet. Here in NE Ohio there aren't too many sled salvage places so it's tougher to find what you want local or have to pay big $ for shipping off ebay. It's from a 98 XC and does need some work....maybe welding the W arm.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Well, it looks like I'll replace the rear shock on the XC-100 and ride that while I look for a reasonable XTRA 10. Scanned Craigs list here....there's two sleds currently being parted out locally, niether is a polaris.
Maybe get lucky and find one at the races at Sharon speedway in a couple weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.