Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok need some insite on these new belts.. i just blew up a ultimax 3.. and need to buy a new one tomorrow.. i dont think that the stock belt will hold up but it got be back to the truck.. thats all i needed it for.. but i was wondering whos having good luck with what belts? i do ride hard.. a lot of on/off its the first belt ive blown on this sled.. and it only had about 700miles on it.. any insite would be great thanks!

Brian

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
stick with stock. i got 1900 miles out of my 1st belt,
1300 so far on second stock replacement.
their a bit more money but well worth it!!

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
The 080 is nothing compared to the new 3211115 belt used on the newer sleds. Polaris made the 115 belt to let the guys on the doomed 900's enjoy at least two rides on one belt. It worked. The 080 belt was stock on the first year of the 900, there were guys burning through a belt a ride because of that engine/setup.

The belt is spendy, ($180 at some places) but will outlast the 080 belt 2:1 easy. Try online instead of the local Polaris place unless you get a good discount. www.polarispartshouse.com has it for $148, sometimes you can find them on ebay even cheaper. I bought two belts three years ago, put one on my sled, the other has been hanging on the wall waiting for the first one to wear out. Close to 2000 miles, still going strong.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice.. yah i only have 2700miles on this sled.. and its a 700.. never blew a belt till last night.. but she was hot when i went to take it out. and it didnt explode and make a huge mess.. but ill look into the 3211115. hate to spend the money but dont need to be blowing them if i can help it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.