Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding 1998 Polaris XLT SP 600 with XTRA 10 121" style suspension. I just noticed the rear track shock shaft was broken from upper mount and a chunk is missing from center of shaft. It is a Ryde AFX adjustable compression shock OEM # 7041694 and cannot find one online. I cant measure the total extended length because chunk missing to order a replacement. Is there somewhere that sells aftermarket that would fit this sled or does anyone know the dimensions of this particular shock? Or am I going to have to try and salvage a used one somewhere?
Thanks- Shane

·
Registered
902 Posts
Center of bottom bolt to top bolt is around 14 1/2 inches or so. You can use an fox shock from a Xtra 10 and it will bolt right up. I find used Fox Shocks and have them rebuilt for 35 bucks locally. This link below would bolt right up for your front rear suspension shock and your center shock you are trying to replace.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/97-Polaris-XC-600-Snowmobile-Rear-Fox-Suspension-Shocks-440-XCR-95-96/113709504654?hash=item1a799d588e:g:4msAAOSwqaNcp8r9

Tbh if I needed a set I would jump all over that set at that price, especially in the condition they are in!

·
Registered
902 Posts
The guy I use will take that fox shock for the rear suspension and turn it into a clickable with reservoir as well for an extra price as will many others out there. Fox Shocks ride just as nice imho, I've ridden sleds with the Xtra-10 with both the Ryde-FX like you have and the Fox Shocks, didn't really notice a difference. Where I did see a difference in the Xtra-10 suspensions was the ones that ended up having that clickable reservoir added on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts