Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a good used primary for my 96 xcr sp 600. From what I'v read, it needs to be for a 96 xcr sp 600 or a 97 rxl. Not sure if anything else will work. part number 1321717

·
I just fix 'em...
1,045 Posts
Any clutch from any Indy 500 (Fugi), 650, RXL, XLT, or XCR 600 will fit and line up properly. Even Indy Trail clutches will work. There are very minor differences in strength between all these clutches, and of course you will have to re-calibrate any of them to work with your 600SP. Storm clutches will fit but use a wider belt. None of the domestic twin clutches will work on your sled.
Jerry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why is it that when i look the part number up on the polaris websit, it only says it will work on the xcr sp and the rxl? Are they the same clutch body and just have different internals, thus need a different part number? thanks for the help

·
I just fix 'em...
1,045 Posts
Why is it that when i look the part number up on the polaris websit, it only says it will work on the xcr sp and the rxl? Are they the same clutch body and just have different internals, thus need a different part number? thanks for the help
Yes, exactly. Same dimensions, different roller widths, different spider designs. They all fit as I said.
Jerry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of the sleds you listed, what years will work? Any of them? I think ill go with the xlt clutch because they are easyer to find. So I guess what years of those are compatible? Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I might have one off a XLT or RXL, it would have very low miles on it since i bought all the stuff from a Polaris dealership that closed down in the mid to late 90s. Ill let you know what i find, but iam sure there dont have the spring & weights, ill check what yours calls for in my microfiche.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help guys! yeah let me know what you have, but I'll start looking local right now.

·
I just fix 'em...
1,045 Posts
The 1998 XCR440 clutch will not work- it's off a domestic twin. The second one, XLT, will work but his description is weak. He may not know what he is looking at.
Jerry

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok here is what i have, part # 1321546 on the polaris site it subs to your 1321717. Its off a 92 RXL 650, might have been a take off for ele start since id say it has less then 100 miles on it due to hardly a mark on it even where the buttons ride. It does not have the spring or weights, looks like your sled calls for a blue spring but gives a wide range of weights. Id take $110.00 shipped to anywhere in the USA. I have a pic i can send you just need an email. Just let me know, thanks Chad

·
I just fix 'em...
1,045 Posts
Yes, it will fit, no problem there. But his description is weak. You need to know if the rollers are all good with no flat spots and also if the bushings are still tight in the sliding sheave and the cover. The seller may not have a clue as to the actual condition of the clutch. Send him questions and ask for specific answers. If he can't answer them positively I would pass on it.
Jerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts