Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm running a 96 xcr sp 600. my primary is basically shot. when i say shot i mean the whole thing needs replacement. the sled isn't worth a new one, but I'm having a hard time finding a used one. I was told buy my local dealer the I can only use one from a 96 xcr sp 600 (my same sled) or a 97 rxl which i believe is a 650. the part number they gave me is 1321717. i guess i want to know if this is true and if so wheres the best place to find one? Also what makes these clutches so vehicle specific? Thanks

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
The Polaris website also lists the 96 XLT, XLT RMK, Ultra, XLT SKS as sleds that used that clutch. This is the only year that I have seen that had so few sleds using a specific part number, usually there are TONS of them using a clutch. I am curious what changes required that specific part.

If you are looking for new, Babbitts online will beat your dealer's price by a good margin. You may find one on ebay or on one of the forums.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I call the dealer back and they still say only the 97 rxl will work. They said the part number is a supersieded number from the original. When I look online. I find that 3 different original part numbers are all supersieded to the 1717 part number I posted above. I'm not sure what to do. What websit did you find the info about the above clutchs working? I have $400 into the sled total so buying a new clutch is not really worth it. I just won't to make sure what I get will work. I don't want to get it and find out I wasted my money on something that won't fit. Thanks again for the help!

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
Browse

This is the parts diagrams from the Polaris website, I would think it would be accurate. When you are on the site, the left window with the part number will scroll. To the right of the left window, there's a "usage" tab that will show you what sleds used that part number.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if I'm looking at it wrong, or if your looking at it wrong. I looked the part number up and 97 rxl is all that comes up. I looked up the sleds you listed and they have different part numbers for there clutches. I hope I'm wrong because i cant find a clutch anywhere other then new and if I cant, ill probably end up parting out the sled. Thanks again

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hate to beat this to death, but I was thinking. Everyone keeps telling me that all this other clutches will work, but the part numbers don't match. would this be because of the clutch internals? meaning, they have the same body but different internals (weights and spring ect.) thus making them have different part numbers? makes since to me. thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
if you clutch body is still good why not get new spring and weights just did to my 1995 650 rxl maybe cost u less than 100.00 probly not even that make shure no cracks in outer sheave had two clutches do that try ebay bought mine for 85.00 good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a primary from a 1995 XCR 600 that I think will work on your sled. If you look at Parts Pit Stop.com you can pull up the parts list for both sleds and they both have a substituted part# that is the same 1321717 for the clutch without weights and spring. My clutch has the blue spring which is correct for your sled, but it has 10M-B weights which yours would need 10A-L weights. I had my clutch listed on Craig's list and it never sold. If your interested, let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.