Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need a intake boot from the carb to the intake on a 77 yamaha ex440 nobody makes it anymore it is obsolete everyone tells me anyone know where i can find one i have call Kochs performance and i am waiting on them to call back if they have one it is ripped and will not run correctly and i wont run it so it dont suck in dirt but since it is no longer made it is hard to fix

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
I see different carb in 77. They changed in 78. The boot is not the $45 from Yamaha, but $25 instead. So it isn't that much of a difference for price from the different DK boot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey 99polaris i see that they have it i havent called them yet but everybody else i talked to today and that was at least 5 different places all said that that # of part is no longer avalilable so that is the only reason i question that thanks i will call in the morning and see if they really do have it i hope they do thanks guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

well i called both places and they told me the same thing obsolete the computer showed they had so i called and they said they really didnt have it this sucks good sled but worthless all because of one little part :dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wish i could can never get my camera pics onto computer for some reason will get my wife to try but on the other hand i emailed a guy in canada at a place called Dons and he said he has one for $20 so i am going to buy it:thumbsup::)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those carb boots for the 77 and 76 are really hard to find. I don't need one, but see people looking for them all the time. Does he have more of them and how would someone contact him if he has more?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not sure it wasnt the right one but i made one out of 1/4 flat steel made the plate drilled holes smoothed out welded a piece of pipe to it but it at a angle got a piece of 1 7/8" hose and made it work and it worked great made a gasket and made it run then i broke the pull start and havent found one yet

·
Registered
24 Posts
You certainly are resourceful lol. Whatever it takes though. Nice too know that works in a pinch. I hope you find the recoil start you are looking for. I have one here, but a long way to ship it. You should be able to find one closer....or the part you need to fix yours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.