Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, newbie here i just broke the crank off under the clutch on my 98 zr 600 efi took motor apart and have alot of ??s on how to. the arctic cat dealer said he had a used crank for $150 but won't guarantee anything. i also have the pistons out and they are scratched as well as the jugs. looking for advise, i think its std bore still but it measures 77.78 mm with a caliper and i would think it would need 78 mm pistons? where is cheapest place for parts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it still ran fine just wouldnt release the belt to idle. i drove it home and into shop plus i was told that the replacement motor had to be a 98 or 99 only to work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found out only broke the inner half of the clutch. any advise on what to do for a new clutch? found one new for $250 and figure i can use my weights and springs? i would like more low end power. i also am going to put new pistons in while its apart. any help would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Put in a yellow primary spring. Engages at 5000 Rpms. Plenty low end power then.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
A 5k clutch engagement is all the higher you want if you do alot of trail riding ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts