Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting bad battery drain from the winch on my plow bike, anyone have any ideas for a lift solution manual or not but the cheaper the better, i dont wanna pay 300 bucks for am actuator, thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
my in-law uses his bike to plow ,he uses a cheap winch (harbor frieght tools)
doesn't have battery drain issues , the other guy at work was having battery
drain issues with his better brand (warn) plow though, he went to a better battery (more amps )
(gel filled) has not had an issue since !! just an idea ???

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
put a truck battery in a marine battery box+ mount it to your rack, the only way to go when useing a winch.
yea iv rigged up a second battery, used a utility battery worked great

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
so does the problem still exist or was that your solution?

If it does persist, why not just put a switch on the battery feed so it can't suck juice unless you want it to.

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so does the problem still exist or was that your solution?

If it does persist, why not just put a switch on the battery feed so it can't suck juice unless you want it to.
yea the atv battery doesn't have the power to run the winch so much so I rigged in a lawn tractor battery that I can charge a hook up when need the extra power

·
Registered
2 Posts
Warn

I have an 04 Kodiak. Not the most powerful bike, but man, can i move snow with it. I have a Warn plow and Warn winch. No extra battery and no issues so far..
Knock on wood. Good luck.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
I think I'm more confused than anything now. Is the winch draining the battery slowly while not in use? (what I was thinking the problem was). Or is it drawing too much load to run off your quad while in use?

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
If you take the power suply cord from an inverter, you can plug it into the power port and hook it to the mower battery!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts