Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 1973 Yamaha sw433c. im having a problem with the lights on the sled when i start my sled and turn the key for low lights the headlight works and the taillight doesn't light up unless i pull the brake but even when i do that it is really dim. but when i turn the lights on high the headlight goes out and the taillight lights up bright but when i apply the breaks it goes dim instead of lighting up brighter. one thing ill add is i opend up the ignition switch and the "off" part is melted so the person i bought it from put a kill switch on it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
luv the snow
68 Posts
Yes a bad ground or that ignition switch is causing a cross wire. Get a multimeter and follow from wire to engine connect to light pig tails . It will reveal it for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found the ground wire it was unbolted so i bolted it on and the headlight shut off ,but i just bought a ignition switch for cheap ill let ya know if it works. thanks for all the responses. if the switch dont work ill get a multimeter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts