Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 mxz 700. tried to start my sled for the first time this year and it's a no go. it was fine when i put it away at the and of last year. problem is when i try and pull it over no lights come on, nothing, not the front,rear or dash lights. i have spark fuel and pressure. any ideas what this could be or where i should start looking? any help would be great. thanks

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
is that a EFI?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no its not an efi, its getting spark but nothing ells gets power. the problem must be related to that i would think.

·
I Want a Rev
774 Posts
If it's getting spark, it should start regardless of the other electricals don't work. I believe the stator has two outputs, one for the motor and one for everything else.

Did you winterize it last spring? Bad gas? Bad plugs? Mouse nest in the airbox? Compression?

·
is riding a 78 Hawk
513 Posts
that thing have a battery in it? my 700 formula did wired things this weekend because the battery was flat out dead. my reverse beeper would not come on, the lights were dimmer and other odd annoying crap. put a new battery in, and we were good to go

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
yes if it is getting spark then it should run. make sure your plugs are good and you have gas in the lines. it needs to be running for the lights to work

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would suggest, get new spark plugs .. and possibly wires if needed.
Drain the tank as much as possible. Fill the tank with Premium Gas.
- Choke on full
- the sled should start even though it has electrical issues ...
- Also, check the Key and kill switch ..

- If your getting spark, it should run !!!!!

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
yes smally i had my lighting coil go out on my wifes sled but it still ran. mine is doing the same thing now but i know it needs the carbs cleaned. been 2 years lol. also ortz are you sure it is getting fuel? can you see it in the lines between the pump and carbs?

·
7.1.2.crew!
7 Posts
i have a 1996 formulaz and just wondering if there was a specific way i had to put a new recoil starter back on.. i had to to the old one off because it wouldnt retract... if theres any way you have to connect it let me know!

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
i have a 1996 formulaz and just wondering if there was a specific way i had to put a new recoil starter back on.. i had to to the old one off because it wouldnt retract... if theres any way you have to connect it let me know!
nope just put it on and bolt it up. if it won't go on all the way pull the rope out a lil till it will go on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts