Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 ZL600 EFI SS and I have this problem I can't figure out. It almost seems like it is sporadically running on 1 cylinder. If I punch it off the line it accelerates fine but just doesn't seem to have the top end. Then if I stop and do it again it will feel like a different machine and have it's normal top end back again. While cruising on the trail it almost feels as if I have to pump the throttle to make the engine come alive. The funny thing is that if I shut it down and wait a little bit the next time I run it it has all it's power back and rides like it should?

I've heard of people have problems with their stators, does this sound like a stator problem?

I don't get it. ANY help would be MUCH appreciated!!

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
try disconnecting your emergency shut-off, might not be it, but AC's are prone to that problem, just take off your handlebar padding and disconnect it, takes 2 minutes :)

(also known as kill switch)

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Ask smallengineguy, he will prolly know.

·
Administrator
1,159 Posts
G-ForceJunkie said:
try disconnecting your emergency shut-off, might not be it, but AC's are prone to that problem, just take off your handlebar padding and disconnect it, takes 2 minutes :)
I had this happen on my 99 Zr 500 EFI. Had very similar symptoms to what you are describing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Check your power valve cables and make sure there ok. make sure they move. Also check your servo motor and cable connection. The power valves open about 7000 rpm.

I do not think its stator.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
When it does this does it ever backfire??

Because this is what happened to my friends z370 while i was riding it and it was a problem with the kill switch like what g-force said.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
ya most likely, theres a kill switch dealy on the throttle, so if it gets stuck open from other forces rather than thumb it'll try to die, had it happen on a few sleds, i just cut the yellow wire going into the throttle block, solved that problem in a hurry. Try disconnecting it first, see what happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts