Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2005 GSX 600 Limited last year. After riding it for a while I had to turn up the rear suspension spring tension all the way. It seemed very soft. I am only 160lbs so I don`t think I am weighing it down.
This year I purchased new springs and installed them. The new spring from Ski Doo`s website are the same length as the old ones but the rod that makes the springs are not as thick..
Anyway now when I pick up the rear end of the machine and set it down the machine seems to squat down a couple inches from the very top of its travel. Also when you set it down and let it rest the blocks that move front to back are almost touching the back stoppers.. Shouldn`t it rest with the block almost touching the front stopper..
If anyone could shed some light on my problem I would greatly appreciate it. I just put a bunch of money into this machine and I don`t feel like taking it to the dealer again.
Thank You

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not bouncy. I have taken the shock off and it seems fine. Talking to a Ski Doo dealer they advise just getting heavier duty springs. I just need to decide which springs I should get. I believe the springs I purchased from Ski Doo's site were the stock spring with the leaste tension.
I think....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts