Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GT 500 lc and lent it to my parents for a poker derby and when they brought it back, there is something wrong with it, it looks like the clutch is going or its gone already.
I had just put on a new belt last week and rode it once and it was fine then they had it today
now the problem is when I turn the key on to start it, the whole ski doo moves I took the belt guard off the belt is way too tight it is all shiny on the inside (the lugs) IS THIS A CLUTCH PROBLEM OR A BELT PROBLEM or something else
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
belt, if you put a new belt on, try going back to the old belt. See what it does and let us know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the belt was fine when I used for my ride after I put it on so it can't be the belt the last belt I had on the machine The belt rip apart about 6 lugs on the inside the only thing Ican see is the clutch. I took the new belt off and then put it back on and then went for a ride and it only goes about 10 ft before it powers out and shuts the machine off it won't idle or run after 10 ft then I have to take the belt off again and then put it back on just to move it back the clutch to me looks like it sticking or hold ding the belt after 10 ft it is pretty tight
Need more help please!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Is the driven clutch sticking? Sounds like when the driven clutch moves it won't go back again. When it stalls, check where the belt is on the pulleys. It should be all the way in on the engine pulley and at the top of the driven one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smallengineguy I have the same problem that rgoer has and wanted to know if I can do it with out taking the clutch off and what size of weights do I use

1 - 6 of 6 Posts