Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1992 Phazer Mountian
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my brother went to pull start my snowmobile and the pull cord broke the pull cord is hard to get to and I need to know how

·
Registered
26,127 Posts
Remove the recoil cover bolts and remove the recoil. Pull the roap out with needle nose pliers. Push new rope into the pulley and tie a knot and heat it with a lighter, pull it real tight. Then with the rope in the notch wind the spring (the direction it would pull out.

·
1992 Phazer Mountian
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the recoil cover bolts and remove the recoil. Pull the roap out with needle nose pliers. Push new rope into the pulley and tie a knot and heat it with a lighter, pull it real tight. Then with the rope in the notch wind the spring (the direction it would pull out.
i had a guy help me and it was a big project you had to take off some plastic then the pipe then the recoil then the engine mounts get out the recoil and put it back together but i got it done :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
i just trimmed the metal a little bit with a die grinder so that you dont have to move the engine , (its a darn tight fit ) the bottom few bolts can be kinda tricky but its do-able.
pull the housing off and rewind some GOOD QUALITY rope on it ! you dont want to be doing it again any time soon !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts