Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 570 exciter on a trade for some subwoofers that I had laying around. It is in good shape body wise but has not run in years. I am not sure what year it is but the beginning of the vin is 82M. The carbs are loose cause he was going to clean them. There are four spots on the top for lines that I have no idea what they are for. The fuel lines were still hooked so im not sure. I have also heard alot of talk about the oil injection having issues. I thought about just unhooking it and pre mixing the fuel. I dont ride alot just out to the bob house mostly so it would not be a pain for me. Any insight would be awesome. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
you have a 1987. the lines you refer to at the top of the carbs are vent/overflow lines. you should find some to fit on and they should dangle just below or even with the bottom of the float bowls. normally there is a loop attached to one of the bowl screws to hold these lines.

oil injection issues are fairly uncommon. if the system is operating and properly adjusted, you have nothing to worry about. if and when the pump fails it will go into a wide open mode and over oil. i am more into the convenience of auto injection and rarely suggest deleting it except for competition use.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I believe those 4 spots you are talking about are for the coolant to run in and out of the body of the carbs to prevent them from freezing up. There is a rubber hose near your water pump with a bypass valve so you can run coolant through the carbs or not.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I unhooked mine when I did the crank seals. The hose with the valve in it was long enough for me to just plug into the head where the coolant went out and into the carbs thus bypassing the whole loop.

·
Registered
429 Posts
WELCOME Btyme!, I'm another NH member that also recently aquired an 88 Exciter 570 that had been sitting for numerous years. I'm actually currently in my garage working on it NOW, lol. I dumped my entire gas tank, replace fuel lines and some oil lines, took apart and soaked carb parts,jets, etc (VERY wise move as I found stuck floats & needles), check fuel pump and primed entire oil (which took lots of time) & fuel lines/system (I used premix to prime the fuel lines just to be safe) & replaced spark plugs BEFORE I even tried starting the sled which yielded great starting/running results.
Contact Yamadad for a cheap copy of the authentic Yamaha service manual which will give you tons of great and helpful info/spec's
Good luck
Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info guys. I have not had time to work on my sled. I just finished working on my three year old sons kitty kat. He just went for his first ride down the road. We just got a fresh inch of snow so we tried it out before the plow came through. Fishing in the morning and then time to get mine in the shed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts